These creamy tomato and spinach pastas are quick and easy to make. They leave me satisfied and full. This creamy tomato and spinach pasta which is much easier, is delicious and flavorful. This pasta is perfect for busy weeknights.
Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta is made with just a little cream cheese and Parmesan. This makes regular tomato sauce rich and creamy. If you’re not into cream cheese, you can add (¼ cup or so) and/or heavy cream to achieve a similar effect.
Although I used regular pasta for this recipe, whole wheat would be great and add more nutrients and fiber to make it a better meal. You can also switch out shape to make a shorter pasta like rotini or bowtie pasta.
Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- ½ lb penne pasta
- 4 oz fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper optional
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt
- Bring large-pot of water to boil on high-heat. Boil the pasta until it is tender for 7-10 minutes. Drain pasta into a colander.
- Prepare the creamy tomato sauce while the pasta is still cooking. Chop the onion and mince garlic. Then Add the onion, garlic and olive oil in a large skillet. Cook on medium-heat for 3-5 minutes, or till the onions are soft.
- To the skillet, add the diced tomatoes (with juices), basil, crushed red pepper, salt and some freshly cracked pepper. Mix well. Add tomato paste with 1/2 cup water. Continue to stir the sauce until it is well combined.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cut the cream-cheese should be cut into small pieces and add them to the skillet with the tomato sauce. Stir the sauce with a whisk until the cream-cheese has fully melted. Then add in the Parmesan and continue to stir the sauce until it is melted into the cream-cheese.
- Add the fresh-spinach into the skillet. Continue to stir until the spinach is wilted about 2-3 minutes. Add the pasta in the tomato sauce until it is coated. Adjust the salt and flavor to taste. Serve warm.
Please, if you like this Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here budgetbytes.