This Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe is really creamy, thick, and simple to make. Packed with hearty shredded chicken and beans, it’s a crowd-pleasing soup that is filled with your favorite Mexican flavors and also very soothing and so tasty.
Enchilada soup is among the very tasty soup recipes which aren’t just satisfying and reassuring, but it’s also full of taste and a crowd-pleasing soup recipe.
They’re packed with beans, chicken and all of the Tex-Mex tastes you enjoy all in a delicious bowl of soup. This simple to create Creamy Chicken Enchilada soup is ideal for any night of the week particularly on a busy weeknight once you simply require dinner ready in no time.
Put your grilled chicken enchilada soup in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Store in the freezer for 3-4 months. To reheat, put into a pot/pan and reheat on the stovetop or microwave in a bowl.
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee or avocado oil
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp fried oregano
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup mexican shredded cheese blend for garnishing
- 14 ½ oz black beans rinsed 1 can
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 15 oz diced fire-roasted tomatoes 1 can
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweet corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 14 ½ oz red kidney beans rinsed 1 can
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Melt butter or ghee then add avocado if using. In a large-stockpot over medium-high-heat add celery, carrots, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cook till softens, for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste & chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or till vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and with a hand blender, blend the soup till smooth and creamy. Set the soup back over medium-heat and put in in beans, corn and shredded cooked chicken.
- Stir to blend and then boil for a few minutes, simply to heat up it. Then pour into bowls and top with shredded cheese along with your favorite toppings.
Please, if you like this Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe. You can PIN it!!! to your favorite board NOW! Thank you. You can see the full recipe here healthyfitnessmeals.