A spicy ranch chopped chicken cabbage salad with bell peppers, carrots and crunchy cabbage. The dish also includes a kick of heat from jalapeno. This healthy chopped chicken salad can be topped with homemade spicy greek yogurt ranch dressing to make it a filling and delicious salad.
To ensure that heat does not escape, it is important to keep your grill lid closed during cooking.
The cooking time of chicken breasts will vary depending on their size. Make sure you check the internal temperature of the thickest portion of the chicken breast with a meat thermometer.
This spicy, healthy ranch chicken salad recipe packs all the goodness and southwest flavors you’d expect from a great restaurant. This healthy chopped chicken salad will stay fresh covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Spicy Ranch Chopped Chicken Cabbage Salad
For the Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice from 2 small limes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- ½ cup diced green onion or sub diced red onion
- ¾ cup freshly diced cilantro
- ½ cup roasted pepitas
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh raw corn off the cob or feel free to use thawed frozen corn
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage or a mix of purple and green also works
- 1 cup shredded carrots from 2 large carrots
- 1 red bell pepper diced
For the Spicy Greek Yogurt Ranch
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-3 tsps hot sauce depending on how spicy you like it
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tsp dried dill or fresh chopped chives
- ¼ tsp salt plus more to taste
- 2-4 tbsp water to thin dressing
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
- extra cilantro and green onion
- 1 cup tortilla strips or 1 cup slightly crushed tortilla chips
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes. Then in a large-bowl add chicken breasts, olive oil, honey, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, paprika, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well and place in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- While the chicken marinates, you can prepare and chop the vegetables for the salad. Put all ingredients for the salad should be in a bowl. Except the tortilla strips (and the dressing).
- Mix the following ingredients together in a large bowl or mason container to make your dressing: greek yogurt, lemon juice, onion powder, fresh dried dill, garlic powder, water, salt and hot sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together in a shaker till combined. If you prefer it more spicy, add more hot sauce to taste. Pour dressing over salad, then use tongs to mix dressing with salad.
- To grill chicken, heat your grill to 400°F and remove any crumbs from the grates. Place the chicken breasts on the preheated grill and cover it. Cook your chicken breasts for about 7-9 minutes per side or till they reaches an internal temperature reach 165°F.
- After chicken is cooked, slice it into strips. Top the salad with it. Finally, add tortilla strips. Top with avocado, green onion and cilantro to the salad.
Please, if you like this Spicy Ranch Chopped Chicken Cabbage Salad recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here ambitiouskitchen.
For make this recipe later, you can PIN IT!