Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry with Vegetables is a healthy and easy recipe. It’s better than ordering take-out! This quick and healthy recipe uses only everyday ingredients.
My adaptation of this delicious recipe uses healthy ingredients. The dish should be simple and quick. It can also use everyday ingredients that you can find in any grocery store.
You can store cooked leftovers in an airtight-storage container in the fridge for up to 4days.
To freeze. Allow the teriyaki chicken to cool completely before placing in an airtight container. Put in the freezer for 3months. Before reheating, let the frozen items thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
To Heat. Rewarm gently, either in the microwave or on the stovetop at low-heat with a splash water or chicken broth to thin the sauce by adding more water.
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
For the Stir Fry
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups chopped mixed vegetables of choice such as asparagus broccoli, or snap peas
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts drained
- low-sodium soy sauce for serving
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- prepared brown rice, quinoa, noodles, or cauliflower rice for serving
- 2 medium green onions finely chopped divided
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mix with 2 tbsp water to create a slurry
- ¼-½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Add the water, honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes to a small-pot.
- Heat on medium-high, stir till smooth and bring to boil. Add in cornstarch-slurry and stir constantly till the sauce thickens for a few minutes.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large saute pan or wok over medium-high-heat. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the chicken along with a few dashes of soy-sauce.
- Cook the chicken till it is fully cooked through and golden-brown on all sides, for 4-6 minutes. Use a large spoon to transfer the chicken to a plate and put aside.
- Heat the remaining ½ tbsp oil. Then add the bell peppers and asparagus and let cook for 3-4 minutes or till softened and lightly browned.
- Once the vegetables are done, add the water chestnuts to the pan and then return the chicken to it. Pour in the sauce and toss to coat. Allow the chicken to simmer for a few minutes to warm the chicken. Mix in half the green onions.
- Sprinkle the remaining green onions and sesame seeds over the top. Serve warm with red pepper flakes or soy sauce if desired.
Please, if you like this Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here wellplated.
For make this recipe later, you can PIN IT!