This Detox Turmeric Lentil Soup makes a healthy, hearty and simple meal that is great for your liver and digestion. It’s easy to make, delicious and high in protein.
Not only is it warm and comforting, as well as being rich in protein and fiber and has a gorgeous yellow color. This is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. Can be used for a healthy meal prep option for lunch or dinner.
This soup can be freeze in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Detox Turmeric Lentil Soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2½ cups chopped sweet potato
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chopped turnip or potato
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1-2 tbsp turmeric I like 2
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh herbs I like parsley
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup spinach
- In a large stockpot, or dutch oven heat the oil. Then add the onions, turnip, garlic, celery and potato. Saute for 5 minutes, or till they soften slightly. Season with pepper, salt and thyme and cooked for 2 minutes.
- Add in the ginger, turmeric and lentils. Sauté for 1 – 2 mins. Then add the broth and water. Bring the soup to boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in almond milk, spinach, herbs lemon and pepper flakes till the spinach is wilted. Serve immediately.
Please! if you like this recipe, If Pin it to your favorite board NOW!
You can see the full recipe here simplyquinoa.