Easy weeknight Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe loaded with fresh herbs, creole seasoning, lemon, paprika and garlic. This can be served over pasta, rice, and crusty bread. In just 15 minutes, you can have a delicious, buttery, garlicky, and creamy main dish ready to go.
You only need to spend 15 minutes, fresh or frozen shrimp, and a few pantry staple ingredients to impress at the dinner table. These shrimp are packed with flavor and can be served as-is or over pasta or rice.
Garlic butter shrimp leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 2 days. When you are ready to serve them again just heat them in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes.
- You can substitute Creole seasoning with Italian seasoning or other seasonings if you don’t own Creole seasoning. You can also use salt.
- For this recipe, I used frozen deveined shrimps. If you can find fresh-off the-seas shrimps, you are very lucky.
- This recipe can be used with cooked shrimp.
- Defrost first when using frozen shrimps.
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp paprika
- juice of ½ lemon or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season shrimp lightly with Creole seasoning and salt. In a large skillet, heat butter on medium-heat. Sauté the shrimp in the butter for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Throw in minced garlic and continue to stir for a few minute, or till fragrant. Then add paprika and thyme, oregano and lemon juice. Finally, add chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add parsley, adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pasta, rice, and other vegetables
Please, if you like this Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe. You can PIN it!!! to your favorite board NOW! Thank you. You can see the full recipe here africanbites.