This Detox Moroccan Lentil Soup is a easy, healthy and hearty meal that is fantastic for the liver and digestion. Very simple to make, packed with protein and yummy and this hearty soup will rapidly become your new favourite!
Lentils are one of my favourite components to add to soups, they are super full of protein. Lentils have significantly more protein than most other legumes. Lentils are also high in fiber, so they are filling and hearty.
The Moroccan is so warming, perfect for digestion and tasty. We have got cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and smoked paprika that makes this soup additional comfy and they’re in only one-pot!
Detox Moroccan Lentil Soup
- 1 cup chopped white fingerling potato
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 1 tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsps turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk depending on your preference
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a dutch-oven or large-stockpot. Then add celery, onions, carrot, potato and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes before every thing softens slightly and season with pepper, salt along with the spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and saute for a few minutes, then add the broth, water and tomato paste. Stir to combine and till the tomato paste has dissolved. Bring the soup to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for half an hour.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, almond-milk, and spinach, and stir till the spinach has wilted.
- Serve immediately and shirt along with your desired toppings.
- For garnishes, I love to perform a dollop of coconut milk, a few cracked pepper, fresh parsley, pepper flakes and jalapeno slices. A little spicy, somewhat creamy and really good.
Please, if you like this recipe. You can PIN it to your favorite board NOW! Thank you.
You can see the full recipe here simplyquinoa.